Terms and conditions
We look forward to serving you as a Costco member. Your membership and the privileges and conditions of membership are described below.
- Membership is available to all qualifying* individuals 18 years of age and over.
- Costco reserves the right to refuse membership to any applicant and membership is revocable on notice to the member without cause. Your membership fee will be returned in full if your membership is revoked.
- Membership is subject to any and all rules adopted by Costco including our privacy policies and practices, and they may be amended from time to time. Any changes to these Privileges and Conditions of Membership will be posted online and at the membership counter. If you are not happy with any of the changes we make, you may cancel your membership and receive a full refund in accordance with our returns policy.
Membership Cards and Fees
- Membership fee is for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of enrolment of the primary cardholder and entitles you to acquire products and services at any Costco location worldwide.
- Your card is valid at any Costco warehouse worldwide.
- You will be requested to show your card when entering Costco warehouses and when checking out at the register.
- Your membership card must have a card number and your photo to be valid. If your photo is not on your card, stop by the membership counter to have your photo taken and added to your card. If your card is ever lost or stolen, your picture prevents unauthorised use.
- Report lost or stolen cards to any Costco membership counter immediately, or email email@example.com
- Memberships may be terminated at Costco's discretion. Cards remain the property of Costco and must be returned upon request. Your membership fee will be returned in full if your membership is terminated.
- Cards are not transferable.
- A free household Card is available to a primary cardholder's spouse, domestic partner, or immediate family member over the age of 18 and living at the same address. Household Cardholders will be asked to present proof that they live at the same address as the primary cardholder.
Renewing, Adding or Deleting Cards
- The primary member must authorise renewal or cardholder changes, including additions or deletions, and is responsible for the membership.
* To qualify for membership, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- (1) you must provide a valid photo ID and proof of current address in New Zealand;
- (2) you must not have had your Costco membership revoked by Costco previously; and
- (3) if you are applying for a business membership, you must provide an NZBN.
- You will receive a renewal notice each year. Renewal fees are due no later than the last day of the month your membership expires. You may remit your renewal fee online at www.costco.com.au or at any New Zealand warehouse. You can also register to pay your renewal by direct debit.
- Membership renewal must be completed for all cardholders on the membership when the renewal is processed.
- You will not receive new membership cards each year.
- Memberships renewed within 2 months after expiration of the current membership year will be extended for 12 months from the expiration date. Memberships renewed more than 2 months after such expiration will be extended for 12 months from the renewal date.
- Members are welcome to bring their children and up to two guests into the warehouse, however, only Costco members may purchase and pay for items.
- Parents are responsible for their children and should not leave them unattended.
- Members are responsible for their guests and other family members Costco reserves the right to inspect any container, backpack, briefcase, etc., upon entering or leaving the warehouse.
- To ensure that all members are correctly charged for the merchandise purchased, all receipts and merchandise will be checked as you leave the warehouse.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Liquor and tobacco sales cannot be made to minors.
- For information on our return's policy, see www.costco.co.nz/return-refund-policy
- For any enquiry please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org